Special Event Notice
TO: Avon Residents, Visitors and Businesses, Property & Second Homeowners
FROM: Avon Director of Festivals & Special Events- Danita Dempsey
RE: BecTri Sprint Triathlon on Saturday, August 1, 2015
Notice Date: July 30, 2015
Avon Property and Business Owner,
The 8th annual BecTri Sprint Triathlon presented by the Vail Valley Charitable Fund takes place in Avon on Saturday, August 1st, starting at 7:00 a.m., and ending at approximately 12:00 p.m.
The BecTri is a traditional format Sprint Triathlon (swim, bike, run) and also features a 5K Walk/Run, and Kid’s Duathlon that will challenge athletes of all ages and abilities. The race starts at 8:00 a.m. at Harry A. Nottingham Park & Lake. Race proceeds benefit the Vail Valley Charitable Fund, a local charity that provides assistance to Eagle County locals experiencing financial hardship due to a medical crisis or long-term illness. The BecTri is expected to bring about 100 participants and another 80 spectators.
Avon Transit Modifications
- Avon Blue & Black Line buses will not service the Lake Street stop starting at 6:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 1st; passengers should use the Sheraton Mountain Vista bus stop.
- All other Avon Transit bus stop will operate as normally scheduled.
Temporary Road Closures
Temporary Parking Lot Closures
- Lake Street will be closed between the Recreation Center West parking lot and Riverfront Lane with an altered traffic pattern north of the Recreation Center parking lot to W. Beaver Creek Blvd. starting at 6:00 a.m. Saturday, August 1st, ending at 1:00 p.m.
- The west bound traffic lane of W. Beaver Creek Blvd. along the shoulder will be coned off to allow participants a safe distance from vehicles.
- The Recreation Center west parking lot will be closed starting at 6:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 1st
- The entrance to Lake Street from Beaver Creek West Condominiums, Lakeside Terrace and Falcon Point resort will be closed from 6:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 1st.
For additional information please contact Danita Dempsey, Director of Festivals & Special Events at 970-748-4032 or visit www.avon.org.