For Immediate Release | September 21, 2018
Avon Police Department No Longer Processing Fingerprint Requests
Beginning Monday, September 24th, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is implementing a new program for Colorado Applicant Background Services (CABS). CABS is a digital fingerprint submission process that reduces the burden on law enforcement and CBI. Starting September 24th, the Avon Police Department will no longer be able to process fingerprint requests. All fingerprints must be referred to CABS.
How the CABS Program Will Work:
The new, streamlined process will look like this:
1. Online Registration - Individuals will register through the online Enrollment Center at
www.coloradofingerprinting.com where they will identify themselves and the entity
requesting the report. Please note the registration will be active as of September 24, 2018.
2. Convenient Location and Time - Use the Enrollment Center to select a convenient
location, date and time for an appointment. Please note: The Avon Police Department is not the Avon CABS location.
3. Payment or Billing Account - After providing all required information, individuals can pay with either credit card, money order or provide a billing account number if provided by the requesting institution.
4. Confirmation – Individuals will receive an appointment confirmation with an order number by text and by email.
5. Fingerprinting - Go to the fingerprint location at the scheduled time. Provide the order number to the enrollment agent along with a government issued photo ID (drivers license, state issued ID, US passport or foreign-issued passport). The livescan fingerprints, digital photo and digital signature are then captured and submitted to CBI.
6. Results - The results are returned by CBI to the entity requesting the report.
7. Status - Individuals can login to the Enrollment Center at any time to see the status of the fingerprint submission.
Please contact CBI (720)292-2722, toll free (833)224-2227 or email email@example.com with any questions.
# # #