February 1, 2013
Re: Fire & Ice in Nottingham Park
Avon Property and Business Owner,
The first ever Fire & Ice in Nottingham Park takes place in Avon on Sunday, February 17th starting at 3:00 p.m. and ending at 7:00 p.m.
The Town of Avon is excited to create this one-of-a-kind winter fireworks display and ice carving competition for our community and wanted to provide you with information on impacts that will be associated with the event. The event will necessitate temporary building closure(s), parking lot closures(s), road closure(s) and temporary bus service modifications which are outlined below. In addition, the Avon Police Department and the Eagle River Fire Protection District have included some important reminders.
Avon Transit Modifications
• Skier Express will not service the Lake Street stop starting Sunday, February 17 at 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• Passengers/guests should use the Comfort Inn bus stop for a.m. bus service to Beaver Creek and the Sheraton Mountain Vista bus stop from Beaver Creek
• Avon Black Line will not service the Lake Street stop starting Sunday, February 17 at 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.; Passengers should use the Sheraton Mountain Vista bus stop
• Avon/Beaver Creek Evening Restaurant Shuttle will not service the Lake Street until 8:00 p.m. on Sunday, February 17; Passengers should use Avon Station for evening bus service.
• Additional “Fire & Ice” buses will provide service between Beaver Creek covered bridge and Avon Station starting at 2:00 p.m. and ending at 8:00 p.m.
• All other Avon Transit bus stop will operate as normally scheduled
Fencing in Nottingham Park
• Chain link fencing will be installed in Harry A. Nottingham Park on Thursday, February 14 and be removed on Monday, February 18. The recreational path around the lake will not be accessible in its entirety during this time.
Temporary Road Closures
• Lake Street will be closed at Avon Recreation Center north lot to Benchmark Road/Avon Municipal Building starting 1:00 p.m. Sunday, February 17 ending at 8:00 p.m.
Temporary Building Closures
• Avon Recreation Center (ARC)
In order to accommodate patrons the ARC will be open for a half-day on Sunday, February 17 from 6:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. The ARC will be closed Sunday, February 17 at 1:00 p.m. and re-open at 6:00 a.m. on Monday, February 18
Temporary Parking Lot Closures
• ARC west parking lot will be closed starting at 1:00 p.m. Sunday, February 17 until 8:00 p.m.
• Municipal Building East Side will be closed starting at 1:00 p.m. Sunday, February 17 until 8:00 p.m.
• Municipal Building West Side will be closed starting at 9:00 p.m. Saturday, February 16 until Sunday, February 17 at 8:00 p.m.
• Avon Elementary School parking lot and lower athletic field will be closed starting at 3:00 p.m. on Friday, February 15 through Monday, February 18 at 3:00 p.m.
Reminder from the Eagle River Fire Protection District
ERFPD would like to remind all commercial and residential entities in the Town of Avon of the following:
• Entrances to parking lots shall not be blocked by any type of permanent barriers. Barriers can be of temporary nature to facilitate easy access for the Fire Dept. Vehicles shall not be used as temporary barriers.
Avon Police Chief Safety Message
Our goal is to ensure that attendees have a safe experience while visiting Avon and attending the festivities. The Avon Police Department and partnering law enforcement agencies will be present to deter crime, ensure public safety, and assist attendees with a variety of needs. Uniformed officers will be wearing reflective vests over their uniforms to increase visibility. If you need assistance during the event, please find one of the officers or in the event of an emergency dial 911.
Event attendees are encouraged to carpool or use public transportation. If you choose to consume alcohol or other impairing substances, designate a sober driver beforehand and buckle up your seat belt.
For more information on the Avon impacts, please contact Danita Chirichillo Special Events Supervisor at 970-748-4032 or visit www.avon.org.
We look forward to working with the residential and business community to ensure a fun and exciting event.