Avon Winter Snow Removal Operations Begin November 12
The Town of Avon will soon be transitioning to winter snow removal operations. Throughout the winter season the Public Works Operations Department is prepared to maintain all roads in Avon in a timely manner during and following each snowstorm. There is no overnight on-street parking on all roads within the Town of Avon.
For efficient snow removal operations on Avon’s streets, residents and homeowners are asked to follow the Town’s snow removal policies:
- By Town Ordinance 8.24.110 – Ice and snow on sidewalk, public passageway, or parking area:
- No owner, occupant or manager of real property or improvement shall allow or permit ice or snow accumulation conditions to occur or continue for more than (24) hours on any sidewalks or any public pedestrian passageways that are located on, abutting upon or adjacent to his or her property.
- By Town Ordinance 5.20.010 – Hired snowplow drivers:
- Hired snowplow drivers are required to obtain a Town of Avon snowplow permit from the Town of Avon’s Public Works Department, 500 Swift Gulch Road. Plow contractors are required to display their name on the side of their vehicle.
- The following information shall be provided by applicants for the permit required under this Chapter.
- Name, home address, business address, state driver's license number and telephone number
- Make, model, serial number and state license plate number of any vehicle or machine to be used for snowplowing.
- A list of the driveways and/or parking lots which the applicant serves.
- The applicant for a permit provided for under this Chapter shall be accompanied by a fee of thirty-five dollars ($35).
- Requirements of permittee:
- Snow shall not be pushed, deposited, or left on any public street, right-of-way, park, or greenbelt area unless approved by the Public Operations Manager prior thereto. Snow shall never be pushed up against fire hydrants, electrical boxes, or utility boxes.
- Snow shall not be deposited in any area where such deposit would impede the vision of anyone driving a motor vehicle on a public or private street or right-of-way.
- Vehicles engaged in snow removal activities shall have a flashing yellow light on the roof of the vehicle when they are engaged in plowing snow.
See complete details and priority maps.