The Town of Avon has taken aggressive measures to implement the Standing Public Health Orders issued by Eagle County Department of Health & Environment and recommendations from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus in our community. We have adjusted our protocols to emphasize social distancing practices in our day-to-day municipal operations. We ask that you conduct as much business with the Town of Avon as possible via phone and/or online services. This information will be updated as new announcements are made.
For the most up to date information about COVID-19 in our community, visit ECEmergency.org.
For a complete list of business resources, visit https://www.vailvalleypartnership.com/2020/03/covid-19-business-resources/
For statewide data about the pandemic spread, visit https://covid19.colorado.gov/data
For a letter from President and CEO of Vail Health Will cook, visit https://www.vailhealth.org/news/time-to-take-covid-19-seriously-in-eagle-county
As of Thursday, March 19th, Town of Avon operational changes include the following:
• Avon Town Hall is closed to the public. All departments are available for remote meetings. For a complete staff directory, visit avon.org/directory.aspx.
• The Avon Town Council meeting on Tuesday, March 24th will be held remotely. Details on how to watch and participate remotely to come.
• Avon Recreation Center is closed until at least April 17, 2020 in response to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment Order issued March 17, 2020 which prohibits business by bars, restaurants, gyms, theaters, and casinos. All recreation center passes will be extended through the duration of the facility closure. All recreation programs through the closure are cancelled, and the program fees will be refunded as a household credit to the members’ accounts.
• Transit Operations are continuing with modifications. The Red Line, Blue Line, and the Night Rider will operate per schedule. For Beaver Creek Village, please transfer to the Beaver Creek bus at the Elk lot. The Skier Express Shuttle and Restaurant Shuttle are not operational.
• Police Building is open to the public with limited services. This includes access to the Police front counter; other services are to be determined. Please call ahead at 970.748.4040 to confirm.