The Town of Avon has taken aggressive measures to implement the Standing Public Health Order Related to Events issued by Eagle County Department of Health & Environment and recommendations from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus in our community. We have adjusted our protocols to emphasize social distancing practices in our day-to-day municipal operations. We ask that you conduct as much business with the Town of Avon as possible via phone and/or online services.
Operational changes include the following and will be updated as new information becomes available:
As of Wednesday, March 18th, operational changes include the following:
• Avon Recreation Center is closed until at least April 17, 2020 in response to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment Order issued March 17, 2020 which prohibits business by bars, restaurants, gyms, theaters, and casinos. All recreation center passes will be extended through the duration of the facility closure. All recreation programs through the closure are cancelled, and the program fees will be refunded as a household credit to the members’ accounts.
• Transit Operations are continuing with modifications. The Red Line, Blue Line, and the Night Rider will operate per schedule. For Beaver Creek Village, please transfer to the Beaver Creek bus at the Elk lot. The Skier Express Shuttle and Restaurant Shuttle are not operational.
• Police Building is open to the public with limited services. This includes access to the Police front counter; other services are to be determined. Please call ahead at 970.748.4040 to confirm.
• Town Hall is closed to the public. All departments are available for remote meetings. For a staff directory, please visit http://avon.org/directory.aspx.
• Avon Municipal Court is cancelled until further notice. Please direct all questions to Court Clerk Kendall Moore at email@example.com.
• Finance Department Real Estate Transfer Tax, Sales Taxes and Business Licenses can be handled remotely.
Fara Denhart, Sales Tax & Business Licenses | 970.748.4046 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Nelly Burns, Real Estate Transfer Tax & Lien Releases | 970.748.4014 | email@example.com
• Community Development Department is closed to the public. This includes access to Planning, Permitting and Building divisions, plus Engineering functions. All development applications will continue to be processed in a timely manner. The issuance of permits and permit payment will be accepted by appointment only by contacting Matt Pielsticker at 970.748.4413 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To request building inspections, please continue to call the inspection hotline at 970.748.4094 or contact Derek Place by email, email@example.com.
For urgent matters, please contact the following:
- Community Development
Matt Pielsticker, Planning Director | 970.748.4413 | firstname.lastname@example.org
David McWilliams, Planner II | 970.748.4023
- Engineering & Facilities
Justin Hildreth, Town Engineer | 970.748.4045 or 970.331.3741
Jim Horsley, Project Engineer | 970.748.4134 or 970.390.9435
For information about business openings in Avon and Eagle County, visit https://www.vailvalleypartnership.com/2020/03/covid-19-business-resources/.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to evaluate this situation and make decisions in the interest of keeping our community safe. We will update this information as circumstances change. If you have any questions, please contact Communications & Marketing Manger Elizabeth Wood at email@example.com or (970) 748-4087.
For those with questions about COVID-19, call the CO HELP Hotline at 877.462.2911. For local updates, visit ECEmergency.org.