- Public Works
Public Works Department
The Public Works Department is responsible for the operational management and maintenance of the Town’s parks, open space, streetscape, hard and soft trails, Nottingham Lake, bridges, roads and streets, sidewalks, landscaping and storm water infrastructure. Five divisions within Public Works perform the following functions:
- Public Operations: Provides and maintains public infrastructure, such as roads, drainage ways, and town facilities. Manages capital improvement projects, reviews construction documents, and assists in planning for future infrastructure.
- Mobility: Oversees Avon's multimodal transportation programs such as alternative transportation and pedestrian mobility. Provides day-to-day fixed-route bus service, maintains ADA certification and compliance, procurement of transit vehicles. Strategic planning, budget development and management, and establishment of performance goals and passenger feedback systems.
- Engineering: The Engineering Department is responsible for providing safe and adequate public facilities.
- Fleet Maintenance: Performs all maintenance and repairs on Town vehicles, equipment, and multiple third party vehicles. Maintains the fuel island at the Swift Gulch facility.
- Facilities: Operates and maintains six major buildings, the Nottingham Performance Pavilion and other facilities.
To provide the highest quality public works services to the public and other Town departments. Maintain a cost-effective operation and provide these services in a safe, responsible and efficient manner while continuing to find innovative ways to improve the delivery of services.
Department Vision Statement
To promote a high quality of life and a uniquely desirable community identity by providing exceptional public works services. Fostering strong collaborative problem-solving strategies with the community and treating everyone with fairness, dignity and respect.