Public Works Department
The Town would like to remind residents that temporary festive holiday lighting is permitted from November 15 to March 1 every season. In the “Town Core” area, holiday lights may be illuminated until the closing date for Beaver Creek Resort. Read on...
Construction is underway on Phase II of the East Beaver Creek Boulevard Extension Project within the Village at Avon. The project consists of construction of approximately 1,800 linear feet of realigned road platform near Piedmont Apartments. Read on...
The Public Works Department is responsible for the operational management and maintenance of the Town’s parks, open space, streetscape, hard and soft trails, Nottingham Lake, bridges, roads and streets, sidewalks, landscaping and storm water infrastructure. Five divisions within Public Works perform the following functions:
- Public Operations: Provides and maintains public infrastructure, such as roads, drainage ways, and town facilities. Manages capital improvement projects, reviews construction documents, and assists in planning for future infrastructure.
- Mobility: Oversees Avon's multimodal transportation programs such as alternative transportation and pedestrian mobility. Provides day-to-day fixed-route bus service, maintains ADA certification and compliance, transit vehicles. Strategic planning, budget development and management, and establishment of performance goals and passenger feedback systems.
- Engineering: The Engineering Department is responsible for providing safe and adequate public facilities.
- Fleet Maintenance: Performs all maintenance and repairs on Town vehicles, equipment, and multiple third party vehicles. Maintains the fuel island at the Swift Gulch facility.
- Facilities: Operates and maintains six major buildings, the Nottingham Performance Pavilion and other facilities.
To provide the highest quality public works services to the public and other Town departments. Maintain a cost-effective operation and provide these services in a safe, responsible and efficient manner while continuing to find innovative ways to improve the delivery of services.
Department Vision Statement
To promote a high quality of life and a uniquely desirable community identity by providing exceptional public works services. Fostering strong collaborative problem-solving strategies with the community and treating everyone with fairness, dignity and respect.