Nottingham Lake & Beach
Stand Up Paddle Colorado
The Town of Avon will be hosting the SunsetSUP Race Series on Friday, August 19, 2022 on Nottingham Lake. The lake will be closed to fishing, boating and swimming during this time.
Paddle Board Rentals
- Fees: $35 per hour for paddle board rental
- No pets are allowed on the paddle boards
- Life jackets are provided
Pedal Boat Rentals
- Fees: $35 per one-hour for pedal boat rental
- No pets are allowed on the pedal boats
- Life jackets are provided and are required to be worn by all persons at all times
- Children under 13 years of age must be accompanied by an adult while on the pedal boats
- Fees: $35 per hour for Single Kayak and $50 per hour for Tandem Kayak
- No pets are allowed on the kayaks
- Life jackets are provided
Athletic Equipment Rentals
Fishing on Nottingham Lake
Rules and Regulations for Boating on Nottingham Lake
- Non-motorized vessels less than 16 feet in length are allowed.
- No swimming pool-type devices are allowed outside of the open swim area.
- No pets are allowed in boats or around the lake in the restricted area of the park, as outlined in Ordinance 82-7 of the Municipal Code of the Town of Avon.
- Launching must occur in designated area adjacent to the docks on the north and south side of the lake.
- No trailer launching is allowed. All vessels will have to be carried by hand from legal parking areas to the launching areas. No motorized vehicles or trailers are allowed in the park. Ample parking is available in the west parking lot at the municipal complex.
- Boating is permitted during daylight hours, from sunrise to sunset.
- The Town of Avon reserves the right to limit the number of boats on the lake at any given time to preserve the lake experience.
- Organized water events must be permitted through the Recreation Department as set forth in Nottingham Park Rules and Regulations.
- All vessels must contain one Coast Guard approved wearable life preserver for each occupant, as outlined in Title 33 of Colorado Revised Statutes. The Town of Avon requires all boaters under the age of 13 to be wearing a lifejacket at all times while on Nottingham Lake
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages while boating is prohibited.
- Swimming from boats is forbidden.
Rules and Regulations for Swimming in Nottingham Lake
SWIMMING IS NOT PERMITTED OUTSIDE OF THE DESIGNATED ROPE AND BUOY AREA AT THE SWIM BEACH.
Swim Beach Hours: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily, June through August
NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY! SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK!
The following are prohibited:
- Swimming outside of the designated rope and buoy area
- Glass containers and bottles
- Personal grills and other cooking devices
- Consumption of alcohol
- Fishing within the swim and beach area boundaries
- Dogs in the lake
- Tobacco or marijuana smoking
If on a watercraft outside of the designated swim area, children under 13 must wear a personal flotation device PFD, at all times. Adults must have a PFD on the watercraft.
To report inappropriate activity, call 970-479-2201. For a complete set of park rules and regulations, sea chapter 9.40 of the Avon municipal code.
While visiting Nottingham Park and Beach, please remember to leave the area as you found it.
When lightning is seen or thunder is heard the lake will close. It is strongly recommended that people take immediate shelter in doors, or in a vehicle. It is not safe to take shelter under a tent, tree, or anywhere Outdoors within 100 feet of the shore when lightning is present. The lake will reopen at the discretion of own of Avon staff.
50 Meter Lap Swimming Area
Hours: 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily, June through August
- No swimming outside the designated rope and buoy area.
- Recreational swimmers and children under 13 years of age are not permitted in the lap swimming area.
- A wet suit and bright colored swim cap are recommended to be worn by swimmers.
- All swimmers must travel in a counterclockwise direction around the designated safety lane line.