- Special Events
- Event Venues
- Harry A. Nottingham Park
Harry A. Nottingham Park
- 48 acres of open space
- Nottingham Lake for fishing, pedal-boating, and SUP (Stand-Up-Paddle board)
- Two (2) athletic fields which are available to rent based on availability
- Children's playground
- Beach and swim area
- Picnic tables and Barbecue grills
- Recreational paths for walking, jogging, biking as well as in-line skating
- Three (2) tennis courts on the west end of the park
- Two (2) basketball courts on the west end of the park
- Four (6) pickleball courts
- Two (2) sand volleyball courts located next to the beach on the north side of the lake
- Tennis, pickleball, basketball and volleyball courts are used on a first come, first serve basis
- The athletic fields are available to rent and field striping is available for an additional charge
- We have several unique areas to host your family barbeque, company picnic or child's birthday party. Please see the picnic shelter reservation options.
Performance Pavilion at Harry A. Nottingham Park
Harry A. Nottingham Park Pavilion is a year round cultural and entertainment venue that can host festivals, concerts, art exhibitions, theater performances, educational events and private functions, year round.
The Pavilion includes:
- A 25' x 45' performance stage large enough to accommodate a 60-piece orchestra as well as large bands
- The Terrace, overlooking Nottingham lake
- A "green room" connected to the stage with adequate space for theater performances. The green room also serve as a kitchenette for events, which can include weddings, receptions and private gatherings.
Nottingham LakeThe Town of Avon's Nottingham Lake is the focal point of many summer and winter activities in the park. Swimming is only permitted in the designated swimming area. Fishing is allowed in the summer months with the proper Colorado Fishing License.
Parking for Harry A. Nottingham Park
Parking is available at the west end of the old Avon Municipal Building at 1 Lake Street; on Lake Street; on West Beaver Creek Boulevard on the north end of the lake; and at the Avon Recreation Center.
Open Containers in Harry A. Nottingham Park
At its regular meeting on Tuesday, April 13, 2021, the Avon Town Council approved open containers and public consumption of alcohol (aka BYOB) at Harry A. Nottingham Park and in Avon's Pocket Parks (Eaglebend Pocket Park, O’Neal Spur Pocket Park and Wildridge Pocket Park) between 11:30 a.m. and until 30 minutes after dusk. Glass and Glass Bottles are not permitted. The Avon Town Council urges responsible consumption and is committed to maintaining a family friendly atmosphere in our public areas.
The Town of Avon holds an optional premise license for Nottingham Park, which is intended primary for the Avon Pavilion Stage, Main Field area and Terrace. Open container will not be allowed in event areas that sell alcohol. Staff will provide ample public notification and information prior to events and through event signage, perimeter designation and security to clarify that persons are not allowed to bring their own alcohol into any event areas that sell alcohol.