38th Annual Salute to the USA
We invite you to take part in the family friendly festivities in Harry A. Nottingham Park with face painters, holiday themed stilt walkers, balloon sculptors, magicians, inflatable fun houses and so much more! Bring your blanket and enjoy festival style food favorites from fresh squeezed lemonade and funnel cakes to turkey legs and roasted ears of corn. Live music from Grammy Award winning artists is sure to keep you dancing and singing, followed by one of the biggest fireworks show in Colorado over Nottingham Lake!
Date: Wednesday, July 3rd, 2024
: 5:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
: Harry A. Nottingham Park
2023 Music Lineup:
Getting to and Leaving Salute to the USA:
Public transportation is the easiest way to access Harry A. Nottingham Park. If you must drive, parking will be available at the Beaver Creek Bear Lots. Expect lengthy delays to egress.
AVON TRANSIT: All Avon busses and shuttles arrive and depart from Avon Station.
- The Town of Avon Mobility Department will operate the Red and Blue Lines from 6:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- The Avon Night Rider will operate from 6:00 to 10:30 p.m.
- Avon Transit will run off-schedule all day.
- Lake Street, Comfort Inn and Mikaela Way bus stops are closed.
AVON TRANSIT: Fare-free event shuttles are available as outlined below:
- TO / FROM BEAVER CREEK:
- Avon shuttles will run every 30 minutes between Avon Station and the Elk and Bear lots between 4:00 - 11:00 p.m.
- TO / FROM EAGLE-VAIL & VAIL:
- Avon shuttles will run every 30 minutes between Avon Station, Walmart, and the Eagle-Vail Community Center between 4:00 - 11:00 p.m.
- TO / FROM EDWARDS:
- Avon shuttles will run every 30 minutes between Avon Station and Freedom Park from Avon Station between 4:00 - 11:00 p.m.
- TO / FROM WILDRIDGE: Avon shuttles will run every hour between Avon Station and the O’Neal Spur Pocket Park lot between 4:00 – 9:00 p.m.; service between Avon Station and O’Neal Spur Pocket Park will begin at approximately 10:00 p.m.
ECO TRANSIT: Eco Transit will offer regular service between Vail and Walmart Station; Eagle/Gypsum; and Avon Station.
- Fare-free service will be provided beginning at 4:00 p.m. until the end of the day.
- Questions should be directed to call ECO Transit on (970) 328-3520.
TEMPORARY PARK CLOSURES: | Wednesday, July 3
- Nottingham Park, Partial Closure – 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Upper/Main Athletic Field closed for event set-up
- Nottingham Park, Partial Closure – 3:30 p.m. to 11:59 p.m.
- Nottingham Lake closed
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES | Wednesday, July 3
- Lake Street, Full Closure – 6:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- Mikaela Way, Full Closure – 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- West Benchmark Road at Avon Transit, Partial Closure – 6:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- Limited to permitted traffic only
- Riverfront Lane, Partial Closure – 6:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- Limited to hotel, local and ride share traffic only
General Parking at Salute to the USA:
- New this year, limited and unsupervised bicycle parking on Mikaela Way adjacent to the Avon Library.
- Bicycle parking will not be manned, supervised, and is at your own risk.
- ADA Parking will be located at the Avon Recreation Center North Lot.
- If you need additional assistance after arriving, please look for a Town of Avon volunteer in a blue shirt.
- Parking is limited and on a first come first serve basis and available at the following locations:
- Available at designated on-street parking locations.
- Available at the Beaver Creek Bear Lot.
- Designated private parking lots.
- Or, by permit only.
Tips For Enjoying The Event:
- Bring your reusable water bottle
- Portions of the park will be closed starting at 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. on July 3rd to accommodate set-up of the event
- Parking close in to the venue is by permit only. General public parking is extremely limited and we encourage you to walk, ride your bike or take public transportation
- Bags and coolers will be checked at all festival entry points for alcohol (no outside alcohol allowed) starting at 9:00 a.m.
- Pets of any kind are not allowed - large crowds and loud music can easily scare pets
- There will still be public access to the north side of the park to include the beach and sand volleyball courts via the Lake Street north entrance, W. Beaver Creek Blvd. entrance and west entrance near Avon Elementary School
- Nottingham Lake will be closed at 6:00 p.m..
- Please remember to be considerate of the environment and do your part to dispose of your litter
- Plan ahead - due to the high volume of vehicular traffic and in an effort to get you to your destination as quickly as possible, all vehicles traveling south on W. Beaver Creek Blvd. - towards Avon Elementary - will be directed westbound on Highway 6. All vehicles traveling south on Avon Road -towards Beaver Creek - will be directed eastbound on Highway 6. We thank you in advance for your patience!
Remember your reusable water bottle – Plastic-Free Event!Fostering a culture of environmentalism, waste mitigation and energy conservation which minimizes the negative impacts to our collective environment and community for the long term is of upmost importance to the Town. The Towns environmental sustainability initiatives and Eagle County’s waste diversion goal of 50% reduction by 2030 (zero waste events utilizing leave no trace practices)
• There will not be any beverages available for purchase in single-use plastic bottles.
• There will be water filling stations and canned product available for purchase.