To receive a copy of an incident or accident report the Avon Police Department requires a completed records request form. This can be submitted to the department by email, fax, mail or in person. If you do not have a case number, please provide information that includes: who, when, where and the officer’s name.
Upon completion of the records release form we will then send you the report via email, fax or U.S. mail. If you are involved in the report there is no fee. However, if you are not involved in the report the following fees will apply:
- State Accident Report Form: $5.00
- Incident Reports: $00.25 per page
- Copies of Video/Audio recordings: $30.00 per hour
The Avon Police Department will provide a clearance letter that provides information on whether an individual has ever been criminally contacted in the Town of Avon. This letter does not include information from any of our neighboring jurisdictions, the State of Colorado or FBI. In order to obtain this letter the applicant must come in to the police department in person and provide a valid form of identification.
Fingerprints | New Policy Begins Monday, September 24, 2018
Beginning Monday Sept. 24, 2018 - The Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is implementing a new program for Colorado Applicant Background Services (CABS). CABS is a digital fingerprint submission process that reduces the burden on Law Enforcement and CBI. Starting Sept. 24, 2018, the Avon Police Department will no longer be able to process civilian fingerprint requests. All civilian fingerprints must be referred to CABS (Colorado Applicant Background Services).
How the CABS Program Will Work:
Appointments and online registration are required! You can choose to be fingerprinted at any of CABS locations; they are in the process of opening over 40 locations throughout the State of Colorado, including one in Avon (not Avon PD).
When you need fingerprinting the new, streamlined process look like this:
1. Online Registration (required) - You will register through the online Enrollment Center at www.coloradofingerprinting.com where you will identify yourself and the entity requesting your report.
(Please note the registration link will be active as of Sept. 24, 2018)
2. Convenient Location and Time - Use the Enrollment Center to select a convenient location, date and time for your appointment.
3. Payment or Billing Account - After providing all required information, you can pay with either credit card, money order or provide a billing account number if provided by your requesting institution.
4. Confirmation - You receive an appointment confirmation with your "Order Number" by text and by email.
5. Fingerprinting - Go to the fingerprint location at your scheduled time. Provide the "Order Number" to the enrollment agent along with your government issued photo ID (drivers license, state issued ID, US passport or foreign-issued passport). Your livescan fingerprints, digital photo and digital signature are then captured and submitted to CBI.
6. Results - The results are returned by CBI to the entity requesting your report.
7. Status - You can login to the Enrollment Center at any time to see the status of your fingerprint submission.
Please contact CABS 720-292-2722, toll free 833-224-2227 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need assistance.
Individuals that are required to have a PBT test must present valid picture identification at the time of the test.
The Avon Police Department requires
- Title, registration, bill of sale or some legal proof of ownership for the vehicle
- Current proof of insurance
- A vaild drivers license
For residents of Eagle-Vail, Edwards, Minturn and Vail: Please go to the Eagle County Avon Annex at 100 W. Beaver Creek Blvd. #107, Avon on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays from 8:00 a.m – 5:00 p.m for a VIN inspection. There is a $10 fee.
In this section, you will find quick and helpful online resources that will aid you in requesting extra patrol, vacation watch, parking permits, online accident reporting and online accident retrieval.