The Town of Avon offers ice skating on Nottingham Lake, late December through February, based on staffing, weather conditions and ice quality. The Recreation Department manages the ice rink and provides skate rentals and concessions out of the Metcalf Cabin in Harry A. Nottingham Park. Community members and visitors with their own skates can enjoy use of the Nottingham Lake ice rink for free but are required to sign a liability waiver. The Recreation Department also offers ice programs throughout the season based on demand and staffing. Programs may include, Learn to Skate, Tea Kettle Curling, Broomball and 3 v 3 Hockey. Skaters will enjoy music, holiday lighting and beautiful views!
The ice rink is scheduled to open Tuesday, December 27, 2022 from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
CLICK HERE FOR ICE RINK STATUS AND UPDATES
CLICK HERE TO FILL OUT THE ICE RINK LIABILITY WAIVER
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 3:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Hours of operation subject to change based on staffing, weather conditions and ice quality.
Ice Rink Rules
- Ice access prohibited outside of operating hours
- Natural and variable ice surface conditions exist. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- All users must fill out a waiver prior to skating
- DO NOT walk from cabin to lake with skates on
- All users are asked to put their skates on using the two benches on the ice
- Skates must be worn for access to ice (NO shoes allowed)
- Parental supervision required for children 9 and under
- Hockey is permitted in designated areas
- Only skate in designated ice rink area
- Skate assist walkers are available for child use
- Food or drink is not permitted on the ice
- Sleds are not permitted on the ice
- Dogs or any other pets are not permitted on the ice
Skate Rentals & Concessions
- Skate rentals - $8.00 for 2 hours
- Child "skate assist" (strap-on skates) rental - $6.00 for 2 hours
- S'more Kit - $5.00
- Hot Cocoa - $2.00
- Coffee - $2.00