- General Information
- Parks & Trails
- Tennis, Pickleball & Basketball Courts
Tennis, Pickleball & Basketball Courts
The outdoor sport courts in Harry A. Nottingham Park are open seasonally, weather permitting, May through October and are open daily sunrise to dusk. Courts may open early for the season, weather permitting. All courts are open to the public on a first come first serve basis. Courts may be periodically reserved for Town of Avon programs or events. The Town of Avon remodeled the outdoor sport courts during the summer of 2022. The sports complex includes six (6) pickleball courts, two (2) tennis courts and two (2) basketball courts. Organized drop-in play for pickleball occurs daily 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. A water fountain and water bottle filling station is located at the courts. Two portable toilets are available for use during the season.
Getting to the courts:
Parking is available at Avon Elementary School (850 W Beaver Creek Blvd. Avon, CO 81620) during the summer months when school is not in session and year-round on the weekends. When school is in session (mid-August - early June), we ask that all court users park at one of the other several parking lots located in town, surrounding Harry A. Nottingham Park. The courts are a short walk from the East part of Nottingham Park by the Recreation Center.
The Recreation Department offers several programs throughout the summer and can be found here. Private Pickleball lessons are also offered and requests can be submitted here!
Sport Courts Rules
- Courts are open May through October, daily for general use from sunrise to dusk
- Smooth-bottomed, tennis shoes are required
- Pickleball drop-in play occurs daily from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Limit court use to one hour when other people are waiting to play
- Courts may be reserved through the Recreation Department for Town of Avon sponsored events or programs
- Pickleball, tennis and basketball equipment are available to rent at the Town Recreation Center
- Use at your own risk; surface may be slippery when wet or dirty
The following are prohibited on the courts:
- Inappropriate conduct or activities
- Black soled shoes, knobby soled shoes or any non-athletic soled shoes
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards and rollerblades
- Hanging or climbing on court fencing or basketball rims
- Pets or other animals
- Food or drink, except water
- Smoking tobacco or marijuana
- Glass or glass bottles
- Private instruction of any kind except by authorized agents of the Town of Avon
- Consumption of alcohol by persons younger than 21 years of age or outside of the designated hours of 11:30 a.m. to 30 minutes past dusk
Violators may be subject to fines. For questions, please call the Town Recreation Center at 970-748-4060 or visit AvonRec.org. To report inappropriate activity call, 970-479-2201. For a complete set of Park rule and regulations, see Chapter 9.40 of the Avon Municipal Code.