- Special Events
- Events at a Glance
- Paddle Battles
The third annual Paddle Battles over Labor Day Weekend showcases all things uniquely Avon with an array of family friendly activities on Nottingham Lake. Join us on Sunday to watch or participate in three SUPer fun races in partnership with SUP CO in addition to activities off the water.
1) Standup Paddle (SUP) Individual Race offering CASH prizes! Register HERE!
2) SUP-Squatch Team Race offering good clean competition and bragging rights to the winner! Register HERE!
3) Cardboard Regatta Team Race to get your creative juices flowing! Register HERE!
*Online pre-registration open until 8:00 a.m. on Sunday, September 3rd. Walk-up participants are welcome the day of the race as space allows. Cash or credit card accepted.
Sunday, Sept. 3rd: In partnership with SUP CO (Race times are subject to change due to the number of registrations, weather etc.)
- 12:00 - 1:30 p.m. | Paddle Battle SUP Race Individual Competition on Nottingham Lake | Register HERE!
- 1:45 - 3:00 p.m. | Paddle Battle SUP-Squatch Team Race on Nottingham Lake | Register HERE!
- 3:00 - 3:45 p.m. | Cardboard Boat Regatta on Nottingham Lake | Register HERE!
Location: Nottingham Lake & Beach
Public Transportation & Parking:
- The use of public transportation is encouraged as well as walking or riding a bike to the park.
- Free on street parking is available, including on W. Benchmark Road and Lake Street, as well as at the Avon Elementary School Parking Lots.
Remember your reusable water bottle - Plastic-Free Event!
Fostering a culture of environmentalism, waste mitigation and energy conservation which minimizes the negative impacts to our collective environment and community for the long term is of upmost importance to the Town. The Towns environmental sustainability initiatives and Eagle County’s waste diversion goal of 50% reduction by 2030 (zero waste events utilizing leave no trace practices)