- Special Events
- Events at a Glance
- Summer's End
The third annual Summer's End celebration over Labor Day Weekend showcases all things uniquely Avon with an array of family friendly activities to explore. We begin Summer's End with Lakeside Cinema on Friday evening at dusk. Saturday offers a full day of relaxation or activity at Nottingham Lake including sand volleyball, SUP and paddleboat rentals, playing at the swim beach or lounging under a tree and enjoying a picnic.
Sunday kicks into high gear with several super-fun activities to include three SUPer fun races in partnership with SUP CO and listed below. Sunday winds down with a great evening of live music at SunsetLIVE!
We round out Summer's End with a free performance by TBA!
Location: Harry A. Nottingham Park & Pavilion / Nottingham Lake & Beach
Friday, Sept. 1st at Dusk | Lakeside Cinema featuring TBA
Sunday, Sept. 3rd:
- 12:00 - 4:00 p.m. | Paddle Battles at Nottingham Lake & Beach
- 4:00 - 5:30 p.m. | SunsetLIVE! on The Terrace at Nottingham Lake featuring TBA
- 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. | SunsetLIVE! on The Terrace at Nottingham Lake featuring TBA
Monday, Sept. 4th: Summer's End Concert
- 5:00 p.m. | Gates open to food vendors and refreshing cocktails, beer and wine at the Hahnewald Bar.
- 5:30 p.m. | Music
Public Transportation & Parking:
- The use of public transportation is encouraged as well as walking or riding a bike to the park.
- Free on street parking is available, including on West Benchmark Road and Lake Street, as well as at the Avon Elementary School and US Bank Parking Lots
Remember your reusable water bottle – Plastic-Free Event!
Fostering a culture of environmentalism, waste mitigation and energy conservation which minimizes the negative impacts to our collective environment and community for the long term is of upmost importance to the Town. The Towns environmental sustainability initiatives and Eagle County’s waste diversion goal of 30% reduction by 2030 (zero waste events utilizing leave no trace practices)
- There will not be any beverages available for purchase in single-use plastic bottles.
- There will be water filling stations and canned product available for purchase at the Summer's End Concert on September 4th.