Welcome to the Avon Recreation Department where it is our mission to bring the community together through comprehensive recreation programs and services.
We hope you enjoy one of our many parks, physical fitness and wellness offerings, special events and the Avon Recreation Center.
The Avon Recreation Center is a spacious multi-use facility with over 40,000 square feet of fun! Featuring:
- 15,000 square foot aquatics facility including a 5-lane lap pool, lazy river, zero-depth entry kids pool, 140-foot water slide, aquaclimb climbing wall, diving well, hot tub, dry sauna, and steam room.
- TRX and functional training studio
- 2 separate 1,600 square foot Yoga/Tai chi and multi-purpose studio
- Group cycling studio with Wellbeats on demand cycling classes on 70” screen
- 12 treadmills
- 8 elliptical motion trainers
- 3 AMT, advanced motion trainers
- 4 Recumbent bikes, 5 upright bikes
- 3 Les Mills advanced interactive spin bikes and 3 Stages Solo advanced interactive spin bikes
- Over 50 group fitness/wellness classes per week; all included with admission
- Full line of Cybex “Eagle” model strength equipment
- Nottingham Lake
- Nottingham Performance Pavilion
- Beach and swim area
- Tennis and basketball courts
- Paved recreational paths
- Restroom facilities
- Sand volleyball courts
- Softball and soccer fields
- and more