Inspections can be requested via Smartgov (our permitting portal, linked below) once the permit has been issued. Please see the how-to guide below for instructions.
Looking for Support to Get Started?
- Business and Contractor License Registration
- How-to apply for a Contractor License
- Contractor Information Packet, which has information on Avon’s policies and procedures for the imposition of sales tax on construction materials.
- Workers Compensation Insurance Waiver - fill out this form if you do not have employees and therefore do not have workers' compensation coverage.
Adopted Building Codes
- 2021 International Building Code
- 2021 International Residential Code
- 2021 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2021 International Plumbing Code
- 2021 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2021 International Mechanical Code
- 2021 International Fire Code with additions and exceptions (Click here for details on localized amendments to the code from the Eagle River Fire Protection District)
- 2021 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code
- 2021 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2021 International Wildland-Urban Interface Code
- 2020 National Electric Code
Above Code IECC Amendments
At the public hearing held on April 25, 2023, the Avon Town Council voted to adopt new codes related to energy efficiency, electric vehicle readiness, solar readiness, and electric ready/electric preferred that will go above and beyond what is currently required in the IECC code. These changes will be officially adopted into the code once the 30-day public notice period has passed; a copy of the new codes can be found here. For any questions or concerns, please reach out to our Community Development Department.
- Frost Depth: 48 inches to the bottom of footings
- Snow Load: 90 lbs for elevations above 8,200 feet; 75 lbs for elevations below 8,200 feet
- Ground Snow Load: 90 lbs for elevations above 8,200 feet; 75 lbs for elevations below 8,200 feet
- Seismic Design: 17B
- Winter Design Temperature: -20 degrees
- Weathering: Severe
- Air Freezing Index: 2,500
- Mean Annual Temperature: 40 degrees
- Wind Speed: 115 mph
- Exposure Category: B, but may be site-specific
- Mean Annual Temperature: 44.5 degrees