Please note: Avon Town Hall is closed to the public and Avon Municipal Court is being conducted virtually through March 3, 2021 and possibly beyond that date.
The Avon Municipal Court is established pursuant to Section 10.2 of the Town Charter, a qualified municipal court of record established to hear violations of the Town of Avon Ordinances, involving criminal offenses, traffic violations, animal control, municipal sales tax and motor vehicle parking.
The Avon Court provides a fair forum for the cases it hears and works to accomplish the following goals:
- Access to justice for all parties
- Expedition and timeliness
- Equity, fairness and integrity
- Public trust and confidence
The Court oversees and manages warrants, court payment transactions and general administration. The Court Clerk provides day-to-day administrative assistance to the Court, attorney and defendants. The Court Clerk is responsible for answering only procedural type questions that are court related and does not give any legal advice.
When the Court is Held
Municipal Court is held the first and third Wednesday of every month and the courtroom is located at the Avon Municipal Building, 1 Lake Street, Avon, Colorado in the Town Council Chambers.
Municipal Court begins at 9:30 am with arraignments; the schedule is as follows:
- 9:00 am - Pre-trial conferences with the town prosecutor
- 9:30 am - Traffic violations
- 9:30 am - General ordinance violations
- 11:00 am - Juvenile court
- 1:30 pm - Hearings and dispositions
- 2:00 pm - Trials to the court
Extension to Complete Sentence
To request additional time to complete a court ordered sentence such as:
- Drug and Alcohol Education
- Payment of Fine
You must submit the request in writing to the court prior to your review date. Be sure to include your case number, current address and phone number and give the Judge a reasonable time frame in which you are requesting the additional time to complete the sentence. Submit extension to:
Avon Municipal Court
P.O. Box 975
Avon, CO 81620
- Judge Buck Allen, Municipal Court Judge
- Elizabeth Pierce-Durance, Town Prosecuting Attorney
- Kendall Moore, Court Clerk