The Town Clerk coordinates and administers the liquor licensing application process on behalf of the Town of Avon Local Liquor Board and the State of Colorado Liquor Enforcement Division. The Avon Town Council serves as the Local Licensing Authority and meets the second and fourth Tuesday of every month. Some liquor licensing guidelines are as follows:
- In the State of Colorado, all matters pertaining to the licensing of a premise to serve alcoholic beverages must be approved on both the local level and state level.
- Submission of any application concerning a licensed premise is very time sensitive and requires forethought for timely approval. Applicants not familiar with the lengthy and detailed application process may want to consult an attorney.
- It is unlawful for any person to manufacture, sell or possess for sale any alcohol beverage unless licensed to do so as provided by law.
- Parties interested in obtaining a liquor license should contact the Town Clerk's office to obtain a packet of information for New Liquor License Holders.
- Renewals of liquor licenses are also administered through the Town Clerks office.
- Please find information pertaining to Colorado Code Regulations, Pamphlets and Instructions on how to apply for a liquor license in the State of Colorado as well as a multitude of state forms that are applicable to the licensing process on the State of Colorado’s Liquor Enforcement Division’s website.