All Real Estate Transfer Tax exemptions require an application.
RETT Exemption Application Form
If you have previously received a Primary Residence Exemption, then you may apply for a Subsequent Primary Residence exemption.
(1) Governmental Entity - provide deed, or draft deed, evidencing that either the Buyer or Seller is a local, state or federal governmental entity.
(2) Gift/Charity - provide deed or affirmation stating that there is no other consideration other than love, affection or charity for the transfer.
(3) Termination of Joint Tenancy – provide deed evidencing the termination of a joint tenancy.
(4) Death, Will & Decree of Dissolution – provide a copy of the death certificate, will, and/or relevant court decrees in addition to the deed.
(5) Capital Investment or Business Reorganization – provide copies of business entity documents sufficient to demonstrate that the underlying percentage ownership interest of the Buyer in the property has not changed as a result of the transfer.
(10) Lease Less than 25 years – provide a copy of the lease with a term less than 25 years. NOTE: as defined in Chapter 3.12 of the Avon Municipal Code, the term of the lease includes the initial term plus all extensions stated in the lease.