The Town of Avon is considering the future community uses for town-owned properties. The design and planning team, led by Design Workshop, is working with the Town to create land use development and business plans for the sites, providing insight into viable future uses to fulfill Town and public use needs.
The study locations include:
1) Tract G: Nottingham Park, Old Town Hall (vacating in 2017), the old Fire Station on Benchmark Road (vacating in 2017), the Avon Recreation Center, Avon Public Library and adjacent town-owned public streets and parking lots;
2) Lot 5 adjacent to Home Depot;
3) Lot E adjacent to Post Boulevard and Traer Creek;
4) “Park Site” within the Village at Avon;
5) Swift Gulch (adjacent to the Town’s transit and fleet facilities); and
6) Wildridge Fire Station (vacating in 2017).
To view concepts for Tract G, click here.
To view concepts for the Wildridge Fire Station, Lot 5, Village at Avon, and Swift Gulch, click here.
Analysis and planning began in January and is anticipated to conclude with Town Council review this summer.
Multi-Modal Transportation and Parking Plan
LSC Transportation Consultants, Inc. is concurrently conducting a town-wide multi-modal transportation and parking demand study to help inform future infrastructure planning with an emphasis on bicycle, pedestrian, and alternative transportation methods. This plan will dove-tail with the final land use plans being developed for Town properties.
Submit Feedback to the Public Record
To submit feedback about Master Planning for Town-Owned Properties to the Public Record, use this form.