The Town of Avon is considering the future community uses for town-owned properties. The design and planning team, led by Design Workshop, is working with the Town to create land use development and business plans for the sites, providing insight into viable future uses to fulfill Town and public use needs.
The study locations include:
1) Tract G: Nottingham Park, Old Town Hall (vacating in 2017), the old Fire Station on Benchmark Road (vacating in 2017), the Avon Recreation Center, Avon Public Library and adjacent town-owned public streets and parking lots;
2) Lot 5 adjacent to Home Depot;
3) Lot E adjacent to Post Boulevard and Traer Creek;
4) “Park Site” within the Village at Avon;
5) Swift Gulch (adjacent to the Town’s transit and fleet facilities); and
6) Wildridge Fire Station (vacating in 2017).
Analysis and planning began in January and is anticipated to conclude with Town Council review this summer.
Multi-Modal Transportation and Parking Plan
LSC Transportation Consultants, Inc. is concurrently conducting a town-wide multi-modal transportation and parking demand study to help inform future infrastructure planning with an emphasis on bicycle, pedestrian, and alternative transportation methods. This plan will dove-tail with the final land use plans being developed for Town properties.
Open House | April 5th | 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
A community open house and polling session will be held on April 5th at Town Hall (4:30-6:30 p.m.) to help guide the future planning of town-owned properties. Concept scenarios will be presented to participants in an open house format with two presentation and keypad polling sessions, one at 5:00 and again at 6:00.
Submit Feedback to the Public Record
To submit feedback about Master Planning for Town-Owned Properties to the Public Record, use this form.