TOWN OF AVON SPECIAL EVENTS ADVISORY
Berkshire Hathaway HomeService’s Salute to the USA!
Public transportation is the easiest way to access Harry A. Nottingham Park for the Berkshire Hathaway HomeService’s Salute to the USA!
Date(s): July 3rd
Hours of Event: 5:00 - 10:30 p.m.
Location: Harry A. Nottingham Park
Getting to Salute to the USA: Avon Fireworks Park and Ride
ECO Transit will offer regular service between Vail and Walmart Station and between Eagle/Gypsum and Avon Station
- FROM AVON: Avon Transit will run off schedule all day. The Lake Street and Comfort Inn bus stops will be closed. The closest stop to the park is Avon Station
- FROM BEAVER CREEK: Shuttles will run from the Elk and Bear lots between 4:00 – 8:00 p.m. Guests who park at the Elk and Bear Lots after 8:00 p.m. will need to walk to Harry A. Nottingham Park, about a 10-minute walk.
- FROM EAGLE-VAIL: Shuttles will run from the Eagle-Vail Community Center every 30-minutes between 4:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- FROM VAIL: ECO Transit provides service from Vail to Walmart Station. Shuttles will run between Walmart Station and Avon Station every 30 minutes between 4:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- FROM EDWARDS: Shuttles will run from Freedom Park to Avon Station every 30-minutes between 4:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Leaving Salute to the USA: Avon Fireworks Park and Ride***Beginning at 9:45 p.m., all traffic will be directed eastbound on Highway 6 from Avon Road and westbound on Highway 6 from West Beaver Creek Blvd***
All shuttles will leave from Avon Station
- TO AVON: The Avon Night Rider will run until 10:30 p.m. The closest stop to Harry A. Nottingham Park is Avon Station.
- TO BEAVER CREEK: Shuttles will run to the Elk and Bear lots between 10:00 –11:00 p.m.
- TO EAGLE-VAIL: Shuttles will run to the Eagle-Vail Community Center between 10:00 – 11:00 p.m.
- TO VAIL: ECO Transit provides service to Vail from Walmart Station. Shuttles will run between Avon Station and Walmart Station between 10:00 – 11:00 p.m.
- TO EDWARDS: Shuttles will run to Freedom Park from Avon Station between 10:00 – 11:00 p.m.
Traffic & Parking ImpactTemporary Road Closures: Wednesday, July 3
Temporary Parking Lot Closures: Wednesday, July 3
- Lake Street will be closed from W. Beaver Creek Blvd. to Benchmark Road from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Mikaela Way will be closed from Lake Street to Benchmark Road from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Riverfront Lane will be closed between Benchmark Road and Avon Road all day
- Highway 6 will be closed to vehicle traffic (buses only) in both directions between Avon Road and West Beaver Creek Boulevard from 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.; All traffic will be directed eastbound on Highway 6 from Avon Road and westbound on Highway 6 from West Beaver Creek Blvd
- No left turn off of Avon Road to Hurd Lane from 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Avon Recreation Center west and north parking lots will be closed starting at 6:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m.
- Old Town Hall (1 Lake Street) will be closed starting at 9:00 p.m. Tuesday, July 2 through Wednesday, July 3 at 11:00 p.m.
- Avon Elementary School parking lot and lower athletic field will be closed starting at 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday, July 2 through Wednesday, July 3 at 11:00 p.m.
- Public transportation will be the easiest way to access Harry A. Nottingham Park. If you must drive, parking will be available at the Beaver Creek Elk and Bear Lots. Expect long delays to egress.
MESSAGE FROM THE
EAGLE RIVER FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT
On behalf of the Eagle River Fire Protection District, I would like to welcome you to the summer special events in Avon. The Eagle River Fire Protection District will be ready to serve, as needed. We are always ready. For all emergencies, please dial 911.
For July 3rd's Salute to the USA, we would like to remind residents and visitors that Colorado Law prohibits the general public from using any type of fireworks that leaves the ground (i.e. professional grade fireworks). Consumer grade fireworks are legal, including sparklers and fire crackers; however, these items burn at extremely high temperatures, (in some cases at more than 1,2000F) which can easily cause devastating burns or start a fire. As an alternative to personal fireworks, the Eagle River Fire Protection District encourages the public to enjoy the wonderful firework displays conducted by trained professionals during the Town of Avon's Salute to USA and other local Fourth of July celebrations.
MESSAGE FROM THE
AVON POLICE DEPARTMENT
On behalf of the professional men and women of the Avon Police Department, I would like to welcome you to Special Events in Avon. Avon Police Officers, with support from partnering law enforcement agencies, will be on hand at events to ensure a safe environment. We encourage all of you to enjoy our events and if you need law enforcement assistance please contact any of the uniformed officers who will be patrolling the event in easy to identify reflective vests. For emergencies, dial 911.
For those attendees parking on the east side of Avon or in the Beaver Creek Resort parking lots and walking to the park for any event, please exercise caution when crossing streets. Your safety is paramount and we encourage the use of carpools and designated sober drivers to and from the event. Have a great event and Buckle Up For Safety!
For more information on the Avon impacts, please contact the Town of Avon at (970) 748-4000.