For Immediate Release | August 15, 2018
2019 Special Events Request for Proposals Issued
Town of Avon Ad Hoc Special Events Committee will make recommendations
Avon, CO – The Town of Avon’s Ad Hoc Special Events Committee has issued a Request for Proposals welcoming applications from individuals, businesses, organizations and agencies who are interested in producing one or more special events in 2019, in the Town of Avon. The application deadline is August 17, 2018 at 5:00 pm.
In early 2017, the Avon Town Council appointed members to the Ad Hoc Special Events Committee (AHSEC). One of the primary purposes of the Committee is to solicit proposals from interested special event producers and to evaluate the proposals, making recommendations to the Town Council for venue dates and any funding or in-kind Town support. With the AHSEC in place, this will be the second year that Avon is reaching out to seek applications from producers in a coordinated process, thereby allowing the Town a comprehensive, pro-active and comparative approach in reviewing and approving 2019 special events.
Special event producers, who have been granted event permits or agreements in 2018 or in past years, for any of the Town’s venues, are welcome applicants, as well as new special event producers. Producers may apply for:
- Venue dates only and no funding and/or in-kind support; or
- Venue dates with funding and/or in-kind support
The AHSEC is encouraging producers to consider bringing an array of events to Avon in 2019, at one or more of the Town’s venues, throughout the year. Of special interest to the AHSEC are the following types of events, however, applicants should feel welcome to apply for other special event programs:
- Colorado and national multi-day sport tournaments/competitions, including but not limited to soccer, lacrosse, stand up paddle boarding, bike races and USA Ultimate
- A producer for the four-evening Avon LIVE! free concerts each Wednesday in August
- Two or three day music/art/culinary festivals, that feature music such as an all acoustical program, bluegrass/roots, reggae, rock, blues, soul, etc.*
- One or two day music concerts*
- Interactive arts festival or fair
- Beer festival
- Winter sports and/or winter activity festival
- Film festival
- Car show
- Lecture series
*Months of April – November
All proposal information, needed to prepare an application, can be found at https://www.avon.org/2146/2019-Event-Funding-and-Date-Application.
# # #