For Immediate Release | February 1, 2018
Officials Seeking Input on Town Properties Plan
Draft Plan and 5-minute Survey Available Online
Avon, CO – The Town is seeking input on land use concepts for Nottingham Park, described as “Tract G”, as well as other Town-owned properties. Those interested are encouraged to drop by one of the informational sessions, take the online survey, provide written email comments, or attend an upcoming adoption hearing. All information can be found at www.avon.org/engage
Key properties, owned by the Town of Avon, have been studied and discussed over the past year with the community. Comments from an online questionnaire, open houses, and public meetings have helped to form the basis for the final draft plan. Once adopted, the Town of Avon Town-Owned Properties Plan
will serve as a guideline for future development, which is primarily focused on the east side of Nottingham Park near the existing Town Hall and 351 Benchmark Property (old Fire Station).
Future land uses in the draft plan include:
- Expansion of the Recreation Center
- Relocation of the Historic Hahnewald Barn to Harry A. Nottingham Park, as a multi-use facility. Demolition of the old Town Hall would be needed to facilitate the relocation.
- Development of a new cultural, educational and/or entrepreneurial center at the 351 Benchmark Property (old fire station)
- Addition of attainable worker housing units at the Wildwood and Wildridge Fire House properties
- New bicycle pump track and pickleball courts on the lower soccer field of Nottingham Park
- Dog Park near Post Boulevard
Please drop by one of the following upcoming sessions to become fully informed. Pizza will be served, and attendees can learn more details about the plan before public hearings.
Aspens Mobile VillageFebruary 5
Wildridge Fire HouseFebruary 8
Avon Library Meeting RoomFebruary 12
Eaglebend Apartments Community Room
The final round of public comments from the on-line survey, and emails, will be presented to the Planning and Zoning Commission at their February 20, 2018 meeting. The Planning and Zoning Commission will make a recommendation to the Town Council, who will hold two more public hearings to listen to the community and take final action on the plan. The Town Council hearings are slated for March 13, 2018 and March 27, 2018. All meetings begin at 5:30pm.
For more information and/or to schedule a meeting to learn about the plan contact Matt Pielsticker, Planning Director, at (970) 748-4413 or email@example.com
Plan and Survey: www.avon.org/engage