For Immediate Release | January 12, 2018
Report from the January 9th Avon Town Council Meeting
Avon Town Hall named, Playhouse Project funded, zoning map amended
Avon, CO – The Avon Town Council held a regular meeting on January 9th. Highlights of the meeting include the following:
- Council took action to officially name the New Town Hall/Skier Building. The building will be called Avon Town Hall, and is scheduled to open in Summer 2018.
- Council approved the Avon Playhouse Project, with funding appropriated from the 2018 General Fund Contingency in the amount of $18,000. The Avon Playhouse Project is a unique, interactive, public art exhibit on display within the Town of Avon during Summer 2018. The exhibit will include 7 – 9 total houses on display in a central area of Avon for a six-week period of time, and will include local construction companies, designers, architects and individual house sponsors. The purpose of the project is to drive visitors to Avon and to set the tone for the beginning of a creative arts district within the Town.
- Council approved the second reading of Ordinance 17-19, thereby approving the amended Town of Avon Zoning Map. The amendments reflect three areas of change: adopted ordinances, changes to formatting, and a few zoning changes to the map. The proposed amendments were presented at a public hearing before the Planning and Zoning Commission on November 7, 2017. The Commission unanimously recommended approval to the Council.
- Council approved the second and final reading of Ordinance 17-21, thereby amending the Avon Municipal Code to rename the Transportation Department to the Mobility Department.
- Council appointed the current members of the Ad Hoc Special Events Committee (AHSEC) to an additional term from February 1, 2018 to January 31, 2019. The following persons were appointed to an additional term: Bobby Bank, Tom Butz, Pedro Campos, Chris Cofelice, Mac Garnsey, Derek George, Timothy Haley, Lisa Mattis, Kathy Ryan, and Ruth Stanley.
All Town Council meetings can be streamed live or viewed online in the days following the meeting at www.highfivemedia.org/series/avon-town-council
. The Town Council’s next meeting is January 23rd
at 5:00 p.m. Agendas and packet materials can be found at www.avon.org
. For more information on the January 9th
meeting or future meetings, please contact Preston Neill, Deputy Town Manager at (970) 748-4404 or firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #