For Immediate Release | July 20, 2017
Contact: Tyler Churches, Police Officer
970-748-4040 | email@example.com
Avon Police Department is participating in the 34th Annual National Night Out on August 1st
Avon, CO – The Avon Police Department is excited to announce their participation in the annual National Night Out campaign on Tuesday, August 1, 2017. Join your Eagle County Law Enforcement agencies at the National Night Out events on August 1st to enhance the relationships between neighbors and law enforcement while bringing back a true sense of community. This community event is designed to heighten crime and drug prevention awareness and to provide an opportunity to promote and celebrate police-community partnerships in crime prevention efforts. This is a great opportunity to bring neighborhoods together with law enforcement under positive circumstances while building camaraderie and to make our neighborhoods a safer, better place to live. Residents in neighborhoods throughout Eagle County and across the nation are urged to participate and spend the evening outside with friends and neighbors.
Agencies throughout Eagle County will be hosting a variety of neighborhood events. The events being hosted by the Avon Police Department and the Eagle County Sheriff's Office are listed below. Join your neighbors, friends, local businesses and first responders at a location near you. Stop by to ask questions, get involved, meet your neighbors, participate in fun activities and enjoy free food.
Avon Police Department:
- The Aspens Community Park: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- O’Neal Spur Park in Wildridge: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Eaglebend Apartments: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Avon Elementary Soccer Field: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Eagle County Sheriff’s Office:
- Eagle-Vail Pavilion: 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Eagle at the Brush Creek Pavilion: 5:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. (with the Eagle Police Department
- Basalt/El Jebel at Triangle Park/Willits Lane: 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (with the Basalt Police Department)
For more information, please contact Officer Tyler Churches with the Avon Police Department at 970-784-4040 or go to www.avon.org/nationalnightout.