TOWN OF AVON SPECIAL EVENTS ADVISORY
TRAFFIC, PARKING, TRANSPORTATION & SAFETY INFORMATION
Triple Bypass Bicycle Ride
July 8 - 9, 2017
The 29th annual Triple Bypass presented by Team Evergreen Finish Celebration takes place in Avon on Saturday, July 8th, starting at 12:00 p.m. and ending at approximately 8:00 p.m. The Town of Avon is thrilled to once again be hosting this premier cycling event. The Triple Bypass brings many visitors to our community who will be dining and shopping in Avon over the weekend. The event is expected to host approximately 4,000 guests.
Date(s): July 8 - 9
Hours of Event: Saturday: 12:00 - 8:00 p.m. & Sunday: 6:00 - 10:00 a.m.
Location: Avon Performance Pavilion and Harry A. Nottingham Park Soccer Field
Avon Transit Modifications
Temporary Road Closures
- Avon Transit buses will not service the Lake Street and Comfort Inn stop starting Saturday, July 8th at 6:00 a.m. through Sunday, July 9th at 10:00 a.m.; passengers should use the Sheraton Mountain Vista bus stop.
- All other Avon Transit bus stops will operate as normally scheduled.
- Lake Street will be closed from Town Hall to the Recreation Center starting at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, July 8th through Sunday, July 9th at 10:00 a.m.
- Benchmark Road at Mikaela Way will be closed starting at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, July 8th through Sunday, July 9th at 10:00 a.m.
- Parking is available at the Elk Lot, US Bank and on Town streets.
- Town Hall’s parking lots on east and west side of the building will be closed starting at 9:00 a.m. Friday, July 7th until Sunday, July 9th at 10:00 a.m.
For more information on the Avon impacts, please contact Casey Willis, Special Events Manager, at 970-748-4032 or visit www.avon.org/events. We look forward to working with the residential and business community to ensure a fun, exciting and safe event.