For Immediate Release | June 19, 2017
Avon Recognizes Towns’ Top Employees
AVON, CO - At the annual Employee and Council Picnic, the Town of Avon recently recognized Town employees with awards and with service recognition.
Mayor Jennie Fancher and Town Manager Virginia Egger recognized several employees.
- Liz Wood, Communications Manager, was awarded the Town’s Pinnacle Award, recognizing the top employee in the Town.
- Coby Cosper, Deputy Chief of Police, was awarded the Town’s Peak Award, recognizing the top supervisor of people in the Town.
- The Safety Initiative Award was awarded to Ryan Graham at the Recreation Center.
- The Bright Idea Award was presented to Tyler Wilson in Fleet.
- The Award for Promoting a Happy and Fun Work Environment was presented to Terry Carter of Transportation, for how he interacts with both guests and employees.
- The Avon Police Department presented the Volunteer of the Year Award to Seth Molina, and the Employee of the Year Award to Lacey Chon.
These Town awards arose from nominations by employees in the Town, and were chosen by a selection committee representing all Town departments.
Additionally, a number of employees were recognized for their years of service. Joye Gelo of Finance was recognized for 25 years of service to the Town. Willey Gray of Community Development and Mario Medina Villa of Public Works were recognized for 15 years. Lancer Cooke and Vern Velasquez of Fleet, Jeremy Holmstrom of the Police, Arnulfo Galvez of Public Works and Matt Koch of Recreation were recognized for 10 years of service, and Adam Martin and Jim Horsley of Engineering, Coby Cosper of Police and Ryan Graham of Recreation were cited for 5 years of service.
For more information, contact Lance J. Richards, Director, Human Resources and Risk Management at 970-748-4005 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #