For Immediate Release | March 9, 2017
Eagle County Launches Neighborhood Partnership Program
Avon, CO – Eagle County has announced that it is launching a pilot Neighborhood Partnership Program, which allows local organizations to propose public improvements for their area. The program provides assistance in developing small- to medium-sized projects on public property and/or neighborhood common areas.
Examples of projects that will be considered for funding and assistance include the following:
- Improvements to active transportation amenities and accessibility (sidewalks, recreation paths, ADA access, Safe Routes to Schools, signage, transit access, etc.)
- Public safety and traffic calming improvements.
- Parks and playgrounds.
- Public art or beautification.
- Community gardens, landscape demonstration projects.
- Stormwater management, erosion control, water quality protection
More information, including an online application, can be found at www.eaglecounty.us/NPP. A 50 percent cost-share and maintenance commitment from the applicant is recommended, which can be achieved through cash contributions, in-kind contributions, and/or donated labor. Applications submitted by April 30 will be considered for funding in 2017.
For additional information on the Neighborhood Partnership Program, visit www.eaglecounty.us/NPP or contact Adam Palmer at 970-328-8734 or email@example.com.
# # #