For Immediate Release | March 1, 2017
Contact: Preston Neill, Executive Assistant to the Town Manager
970-748-4404 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Avon Town Council Solicits Letters of Interest to Serve on the Eagle County Housing and Development Authority Advisory Committee
Letters of Interest Deadline is March 9th
Avon, CO – The Avon Town Council will nominate one person to the recently announced Eagle County Housing and Development Advisory Board (ECHDA). Once nominated, the Eagle County Board of County Commissioners will make a final determination of appointment.
The Town Council will consider individuals with experience in different aspects of the housing market, including but not limited to lending, property or association management, real estate sales, or real estate development, and/or individuals representing business or citizen interests throughout the community.
Eagle County, in its request for nominations, stated the ECHDA members will:
- Review and make recommendations for investment in proposed developments or redevelopments of residential real estate;
- Present plans, policies, budgets and changes thereto, together with a report of the Eagle County Housing and Development Authority’s efforts to develop and/or meet such plans, to the Board for its approval not less frequently than semi-annually;
- Attend the Committee’s regular monthly meetings (schedules will be set by the Committee)
- Serve as a liaison between ECHDA and his/her nominating community, which could mean attendance at evening council meetings among other duties.
- Be appointed to two or three year terms.
A Letter of Interest for consideration should be submitted not later than March 9th
, 12:00 p.m. to Town Clerk Debbie Hoppe at email@example.com
. Please include your contact information and place of residence. If you are a business owner in Avon or are employed in Avon, include the name of the establishment and number of years owning or working at the business. The letter should state your interest in serving on the Committee and how you can best represent the Town of Avon.
The Avon Town Council will select its nominee at the March 14th
Council meeting. Those applying will be notified of the time of the Council action, and are welcome to attend. Attendance, however, is not required for consideration.
Thank you for considering public service on this important new Committee opportunity.