For Immediate Release | February 16, 2017
Contact: Preston Neill, Executive Assistant to the Town Manager
970-748-4404 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Report from the February 14th Avon Town Council Meeting
Action taken on Eaglebend refinancing, booting, and special events
Avon, CO – The Avon Town Council held a regular meeting on February 14th. Highlights of the meeting include the following:
- A work session was held to discuss potential safety and aesthetic improvements at Avon Road and the I-70 Underpass. Council reviewed a preliminary study conducted and presented by Pedro Campos with Zehren and Associates, which summarized current conditions and suggested potential solutions that could improve existing conditions. Council directed Town staff and Zehren and Associates to move forward with the project.
- Council approved the Second Reading of Ordinance 17-01, with various conditions, accepting the donation of the Eaglebend Affordable Housing Property, authorizing disposal of such property, and approving a new project agreement between the Town of Avon and Eaglebend Affordable Housing Corporation (EBAHC). EBAHC desires to refinance existing debt on the Eaglebend Affordable Housing Property with an approximately current outstanding balance of $11,965,000 in order to accelerate capital improvements to the Property, to take advantage of low interest rates, and to provide for more favorable amortization of the debt. EBAHC proposes refinancing by and through the Colorado Housing and Finance Authority (CHFA), which would require conveyance of the Property to the Town of Avon by donation, then conveyance to CHFA as gift. CHFA would then do a final conveyance back to EBAHC.
- Council approved an Amplified Sound Permit for the Lyle Lovett and His Large Band concert on Sunday, July 23, 2017, until 10:00 p.m. If the offer, made by AEG Live Rocky Mountains to Lyle Lovett and His Large Band, is accepted, the ticketed event will be produced by AEG Live Rocky Mountains, with an expected crowd size of 4,000 to 4,500. The ticket price is $55.00 - $60.00. No funding is requested from the Town of Avon.
- The Ad Hoc Special Events Committee’s Recommendations for 2017 Free Events was presented and approved by Council. The committee met on February 1, 2017, and reviewed certain proposed free summer events, and recommend the following 2017 free events:
- Six (6) Pop Up Performances ($8,619 in funding)
- Symphony Orchestra Performance on July 3rd as part of Salute to the USA ($20,000 in funding)
- One (1) additional Dancing in the Park ($25,000 in funding)
- Total Approved Funding: $53,619
- Council approved the First Reading of Ordinance 17-03, which, if approved on Second Reading on February 28th, will enact the following amendments to sections of the Avon Municipal Code concerning vehicle impoundment:
- Permit payment by credit card in addition to payment by cash
- Clarify grounds for finding a lack of “moral character” that would justify suspending or revoking a license
- Change the standard to uphold a vehicle immobilization from “probable cause” to actual violation of parking rules and compliance with all vehicle impoundment rules
- Change the minimum hearing cost from $100 to an amount to be determined by the municipal court
- Permit the municipal court discretion to reverse or reduce an immobilization fee
- The owner of the vehicle shall first contact the owner of the property, or owner’s agent, by email or other means to request reversal or reduction of the immobilization fee. The parking enforcement company shall provide the email address and telephone number of the property owner or property owner’s agent, who shall not be anyone employed by or affiliated with the parking enforcement company.
- Council discussed and provided modifications to the 2017-2018 Town of Avon Strategic Plan. The modified Plan was then adopted by Resolution 17-03.
- Council reviewed the proposed summer bus schedule from ECO Transit and provided feedback to improve routes. Their final recommendations to ECO Transit were sent on February 15th.
All Town Council meetings can be streamed live or viewed online in the days following the meeting at www.highfivemedia.com/watch
. The Town Council’s next meeting is February 28th
at 5:00 p.m. Agendas and packet materials can be found at www.avon.org
. For more information on the February 14th
meeting or future meetings, please contact Preston Neill, Executive Assistant to the Town Manager at 970-748-4404 or email@example.com
# # #