For Immediate Release | August 5, 2016
Contact: Preston Neill, Executive Assistant to the Town Manager
(970) 748-4404 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Tracy LeClair, ERFPD Community Risk Manager/PIO (970) 471-5284 | email@example.com
Joint Public Safety Facility Groundbreaking Ceremony to take place August 11
AVON, CO – The Town of Avon and Eagle River Fire Protection District (ERFPD) are pleased to announce they will be hosting a groundbreaking ceremony for the Joint Public Safety Facility at 10 a.m. on Thursday, August 11, 2016.
The facility, which will house the Town of Avon’s Police Department and serve as a regional fire station, is expected to open in late 2017 and will replace inadequate and aged facilities as well as move emergency response out of the pedestrian core of Avon. The Buck Creek site’s strategic location provides improved response to I-70 for vehicular emergencies, as well as:
- Quick access to Avon Town Core, Wildridge and Mountain Star neighborhoods and the Walmart/ Traer Creek development
- More effective dispatch of the ladder truck throughout ERFPD’s regional service area
Designed by Davis Partnership Architects, the Avon Joint Public Safety Facility inThe facility, which will provide shared space for combined agency training and meeting needs, as well as:
- Accommodates relocation of the ladder truck to the Avon core, a key component of ERFPD’s system for rapid and effective response to structure fires, including multi-story buildings, and other emergencies
- Facilitates police and fire working collaboratively on a day-to-day basis
- Meets all staffing, equipment, storage and operational needs for the next 50 years and beyond
The public and media is invited to attend this exciting event. Many of the Town’s and Fire District’s leaders and distinguished guests will be in attendance.
What: Joint Public Safety Facility Groundbreaking Ceremony
When: Thursday, August 11, 2016
Where: Buck Creek parcel Lot 1B, located on Nottingham Rd and Swift Gulch Rd in Avon
Time: 10:00 a.m.