For Immediate Release | July 19, 2016
Contact: Toby Baldwin, Police Officer
970-748-4040 | email@example.com
Avon Police Department is participating in the 33rd Annual National Night Out on August 2nd
Avon, CO – The Avon Police Department is excited to announce their participation in the annual National Night Out campaign on Tuesday, August 2, 2016.
Join your Eagle County Law Enforcement agencies at the National Night Out events on August 2nd to enhance the relationships between neighbors and law enforcement while bringing back a true sense of community. This community event is designed to heighten crime and drug prevention awareness and to provide an opportunity to promote and celebrate police-community partnerships in crime prevention efforts. This is a great opportunity to bring neighborhoods together with law enforcement under positive circumstances while building camaraderie and to make our neighborhoods a safer, better place to live. Residents in neighborhoods throughout Eagle County and across the nation are urged to participate and spend the evening outside with friends and neighbors.
Agencies throughout Eagle County will be hosting a variety of neighborhood events, such as block parties, barbeques and ice cream socials. Join your neighbors, friends, local businesses and first responders at a location near you. Stop by with questions, get involved, meet your neighbors, participate in fun activities and enjoy free food.
Avon Police Department:
- The Aspens Community Park: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- O’Neal Spur Park in Wildridge: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Eaglebend Apartments: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Avon Elementary Soccer Field: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Contact Officer Toby Baldwin @ (970) 748-4040
Eagle County Sheriff’s Office:
- Edwards Freedom Park Playground Pavilion: 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. (Edwards Metro District co-hosting with the Eagle County Sheriff’s Office)
- Gypsum WECMRD / Lundgren Theater: 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. (Eagle Police Department and the Town of Gypsum co-hosting with the Eagle County Sheriff’s Office)
- Contact Eagle County Sheriff’s Office – Community Affairs Officer Amber Barrett @ (970) 328-8512
- Contact Eagle Police Department – Officer Brett Harper@ (970) 328-6351 Basalt Police Department:
- Willits-Triangle Park: 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Eagle County Sheriff's Office and the Basalt & Rural Fire Protection District co-hosting with the Basalt Police Department)
- Contact Police Chief Greg Knott @ (970) 927-4316 Vail Police Department:
- Lionshead Information Booth: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Contact Officer Dan Torgerson @ (970) 479-2200 or Commander Daric Harvey @ (970) 477-3433
For more information on the National Night Out campaign, please contact Officer Jeff Briggs or Officer Toby Baldwin with the Avon Police Department at 970-784-4040.