Avon Recreation Center to Reopen June 1
The Town of Avon Recreation Department is excited to reopen the Avon Recreation Center on Monday, June 1st at 6:00 a.m., resuming normal operational hours. As one may expect, the landscape of the Recreation Center, and the process to be in the building, will be quite different. New protocols, including online sign up, will be in place in order to adhere to current public health orders.
The aquatics facility will reopen for lap swimming by reservation only.
The Avon Recreation Department is currently offering outdoor fitness classes, including yoga, high intensity interval training, and mat Pilates. All fitness classes meet at the stage in Nottingham Park and patrons are required to pre-register and bring their own equipment as needed. An Avon Recreation Center membership is not required to attend fitness classes at this time. See the complete fitness schedule. The yoga studio and spin studio are closed.
The Avon Recreation Department reminds all guests that state and local government health orders remain in full effect. Staff is intent on protecting the health and safety of all guests and staff. Please understand that all protocols are in place to our patrons and staff as safe as possible.
For everyone’s safety, the following protocols will:
- Face coverings are mandatory at all times while in the building
- Online reservation system for your workout; drop-ins will not be accepted
- Limited number of users allowed in each space
- 50-minute blocks of time for each workout
- One-way entrance (Lake Street) and one-way exit (Mikaela Way)
- Locker rooms and showers will not be available
- Gym bags will not be allowed, please come prepared for your workout
- Water fountains will be disabled, please bring your own full water bottle
- Select equipment will be unavailable to promote physical distance