Eagle County COVID-19 Testing Priorities
With community level transmission, the testing and screening guidance is shifting.
- Now that we have rapidly identified the arrival of COVID-19 in our community, our focus is to slow the spread of the virus, protect our medical infrastructure, and protect the most vulnerable people in our community.
- Testing all patients with mild symptoms of COVID-19 is no longer recommended. A key priority is to shift our testing to people that are at greatest risk for severe disease, complications, and death.
- Symptoms of COVID-19 are fever of 100.4 degrees F or higher, cough, or shortness of breath.
- Those who are experiencing symptoms but are not getting tested are asked to self report symptoms at https://bit.ly/39XFRne.
The following patients with COVID-19 symptoms are considered at highest priority for testing:
- Healthcare workers
- Employed in public safety occupation (e.g., law enforcement, fire fighter, EMS)
- Part of an illness cluster in a facility or institution (e.g., healthcare, school, corrections, shelters)
- With severe lower respiratory illness (hospitalized or fatal)
- With worsening symptoms
- Older than 60 years
- With underlying medical conditions
- Pregnant women
- Had contact with a lab-confirmed COVID-19 patient
Any other patients can be tested per healthcare provider judgment.
For the most updated information, visit www.ecemergency.org.