Avon Announces Closure of Avon Recreation Center & Operational Adjustments Following Public Health Order
Avon, CO – The Town of Avon is taking immediate measures to implement the Standing Public Health Order issued by Eagle County Department of Health & Environment to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus in our community. We are adjusting our protocols that will emphasize social distancing practices in our day-to-day municipal operations and will be canceling and/or adjusting public gatherings according to the standing order. We ask that you conduct as much business with the Town of Avon as possible via phone and/or online services. Operational changes include the following:
• Avon Recreation Center until at least April 8, 2020 in response to the Eagle County Public Health and Environment Order issued March 12, 2020 which prohibits gatherings of more than 50 persons. All recreation center passes will be extended through the duration of the facility closure. All recreation programs through the closure are cancelled, and the program fees will be refunded as a household credit to the members’ accounts. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please look to the Avon website: www.avon.org for more information and updates on closure of the Avon Recreation Center and other Town facilities. Please contact John Curutchet, email@example.com, (970) 748-4059 if you have any questions.
• Transit Operations are continuing with modifications. Avon buses will operate with a maximum capacity of 50 persons. We realize some buses including the Avon skier buses are often busy, so people may have to wait for the next bus. We thank you for your patience and support in the interest of keeping our community safe.
• Police Building is open to the public with limited services. This includes access to the Police Front Counter; other services are to be determined. Please call ahead at 970.748.4040 to confirm.
• Town Hall is open to the public with limited services. This includes access to the Town Clerk Counter; other services are to be determined. Please call ahead at 970.748.4000 to confirm.
• Community Development Department is closed to the public. This includes access to Planning, Permitting and Building divisions, plus Engineering functions. All development applications will continue to be processed in a timely manner. The Issuance of permits and permit payment will be accepted by appointment only by contacting Matt Pielsticker by phone at 970.748.4413 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. To request building inspections, please continue to call the inspection hotline at 970.748.4094 or contact Derek Place by email, email@example.com.
For urgent matters, please contact the following:
- Community Development
Matt Pielsticker, Planning Director | 970.478.4413
David McWilliams, Planner II | 970.478.4023
- Engineering & Facilities
Justin Hildreth, Town Engineer | 970.478.4045 or 970.331.3741
Jim Horsley, Project Engineer | 970.478.4134 or 970.390.9435
Thank you for your patience as we continue to evaluate this situation and make decisions in the interest of keeping our community safe. We will update this information as circumstances change.
For those with questions about COVID-19, call the CO HELP Hotline at 877.462.2911. For local updates, visit ECEmergency.org.