The 35th Anniversary of National Night Out 2018 Locations in Eagle County
Eagle County, Colo. – On Tuesday, August 7, 2018, deputies with the Eagle County Sheriff’s Office and police officers with the towns of Vail, Avon, Eagle and Basalt police departments will be on site and hosting the 35th annual National Night Out 2018 events at various locations throughout Eagle County.
This year marks the 35th anniversary of this nationally celebrated event and we ask the community to come out and join us in celebrating community partnerships with law enforcement and first responders.
The National Night Out has been celebrating safety, community and neighborhood comradery for 35 years bringing together communities and law enforcement celebrating partnerships against crime. Please plan to join the local Eagle County law enforcement teams, first responders and emergency services agencies for a fun night of family fun with free food, treats, emergency apparatus and fun activities for the whole family. Meet your neighbors and local heroes, enjoy some free locally donated food, beverages and treats and have some fun!
Eagle County Sheriff’s Office will be hosting and in attendance at:
1) Edwards Freedom Park playground pavilion from 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. - The Edwards Metro District and the Eagle County Sheriff’s Office is hosting free food from Rocky Mountain Tacos, Ekahi Grill, Swire Coca Cola drinks, Sundae's Ice Cream, activities, ‘Dunk a Deputy’ Dunk Tank, Live acoustic music by Daniel Dust, Colorado State Patrol, Eagle County Ambulance, Eagle River Fire Protection District, Classic Air Medical helicopter, AT&T, Build-a-Pet with Colorado Zoo Go, the Eagle River Youth Coalition and more.
2) Town of Gypsum’s Lundgren Theatre from 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. - The Town of Gypsum, Town of Eagle Police and the Eagle County Sheriff’s Office is hosting free food from Ekahi Grill, Moe's BBQ treats, drinks, ‘Dunk a Deputy’ dunk tank, bounce house, Live music by ‘Derringer’, Colorado State Patrol, Eagle County Ambulance, Gypsum Fire, Build-a-Pet with Colorado Zoo Go, Vail Health, AT&T, Eagle River Youth Coalition, a HAATS Blackhawk helicopter and more.
3) Triangle Park at Willits from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. - The Town of Basalt Police, Basalt & Rural Fire Protection District is planning a fun evening with a free BBQ & drinks from the Basalt Lions Club, music, bounce house and activities.
Town of Vail Police and community partners will be hosting and in attendance at:
1) Vail Fire Station 2 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. - will include a free barbeque and activities with the Town of Vail and first responder agencies.
The Town of Avon Police and neighborhood communities are planning events from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at the following locations:
1)The Aspens Community Park, 901 W. Beaver Creek Blvd.
2) O’Neal Spur Park in Wildridge, 2799 Old Trail Road
3) Eaglebend Apartments, 10 Stonebridge Drive
4) Avon Elementary School soccer field, 850 W. Beaver Creek Blvd.
HELP US GET THE WORD OUT – Join your neighbors and local law enforcement as we “give crime and drugs a going away party” and work to build working relationships in our communities.
National Night Out is designed to heighten crime and drug prevention awareness and to provide an opportunity to promote and celebrate police-community partnerships in crime prevention efforts.
Residents in neighborhoods throughout Eagle County and across the nation are encouraged to spend the evening outside with friends and neighbors. Several areas throughout Eagle County will be hosting a variety of special events such as block parties, FREE Food, ice cream socials; BBQ’s, games and presentations for the community.
For further information, contact Community Affairs Officer Amber Barrett (970) 328-8512 with the Eagle County Sheriff’s Office.
35th annual National Night Out 2018 is being held on Tuesday, August 7th, 2018.
AND - to get you National Night Out educated and even more excited, please check out the NNO link and video: https://natw.org/about https://vimeo.com/232857550
# # #