Town Council Set to Review Town Properties Plan
Avon, CO – The Avon Town Council will review the Town of Avon Town-Owned Properties Plan (“Town Properties Plan”) on Tuesday night with the first reading of an Ordinance. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 5:30 p.m. The plan can be viewed at www.avon.org/engage.
Key properties, owned by the Town of Avon, have been studied and discussed over the past year with the community. Comments from an online questionnaire, open houses, and public meetings have helped to form the basis for the final draft plan. Once adopted, the Town of Avon Properties Plan will serve as a guideline for future development, which is primarily focused on the east side of Nottingham Park near the existing Town Hall and 351 Benchmark Property (old Fire Station).
Future land uses in the draft plan include:
- Relocation of the Historic Hahnewald Barn to Harry A. Nottingham Park, as a multi-use facility. Demolition of the old Town Hall would be needed to facilitate the relocation.
- Expansion of the Recreation Center
- Development of a new cultural, educational and/or entrepreneurial center at the 351 Benchmark Property (old fire station)
- Addition of attainable worker housing units at the Wildwood and Wildridge Fire House properties
- New bicycle pump track and pickleball courts on the lower soccer field of Nottingham Park
- Dog Park near Post Boulevard
The final draft plan received a unanimous recommendation of approval from the Planning and Zoning Commission at their February 20, 2018 meeting. If the Town Council takes action to approve the Ordinance, and Town Properties Plan, it will be scheduled for final action at their March 27, 2018 meeting.
For more information and/or to schedule a meeting to learn about the plan, contact Matt Pielsticker, Planning Director, at 970-748-4413 or email@example.com.
Plan and Survey: www.avon.org/engage