Avon, CO – Pickleball is a paddle sport for all ages and all athletic abilities. On Saturday, June 24th, the Avon Recreation Center will host a Sweet 16-King of the Court Style Tournament on the courts adjacent to Avon Elementary School. The cost is $20 per player, and pre-registration is required. Each player will play in eight different random partnership matches. Registration ends June 21st.
- Each individual will be partnered off and matched up against different random groupings.
- Each grouping will play best 2 out of 3 games to 11, winning by 2
- Matches are expected to last about 45 minutes. 1 game to 15 approximately 30 minutes.
- At the end of 8 matches/games, the individual with the best record wins.
- If there is a tie, points will be counted. For example: If player A and player B are tied with a 12-2 record. The individual that scored the most points on the lost game wins.
- First – Third place prizes will be awarded
- This is a coed Sweet 16 (males and females together)
Pickleball was invented in the mid 1960’s as a children’s backyard pastime and is one of the fastest growing sports in North America. It combines elements of Badminton, Tennis and Ping-Pong, but it’s basically oversized Ping-Pong! Played on a Badminton sized court, a paddle is used to keep a polymer (plastic) ball going back and forth over the net. Games can be played as singles or doubles, and Pickleball has very simple rules and is easy to learn & play!
For more information, please contact Matt Koch, Adult Programs Coordinator, at 970-748-4057 or email@example.com.