Home

Posted on: April 13, 2017

Report from the April 11th Avon Town Council Meeting

Avon, CO – The Avon Town Council held a regular meeting on April 11th. Highlights of the meeting include the following:

  • Council approved the First Reading of Ordinance 17-06, approving the Town of Avon Comprehensive Plan, dated April 2017, a Comprehensive Plan Amendment Application. The Avon Town Council prioritized the update for the Comprehensive Plan in the 2017-18 Strategic Plan. Updates to the document include, but are not limited to, more legible wording and formatting, new information on completed projects, and updated demographic information. The amendments are necessary in order to respond to changed conditions, including updated demographic information, construction of Riverfront Village and the Gondola connection to Beaver Creek Resort, construction of the Main Street Pedestrian Mall, and shifts in policy direction in relation to PUD zoning.  Council members provided staff various suggestions and recommendations for improving the document in advance of Second Reading of the Ordinance, which is scheduled for the May 23, 2017, Council meeting.
  • Council moved to authorize a notice of award for the 2017 Street Improvements Microsurfacing Project contract to A-1 Chipseal Company in the amount of $238,559. The project will address asphalt repair, crack sealing, existing striping removal, microsurfacing, and restriping sections of West Beaver Creek Boulevard and Wildridge Road.
  • Council approved Resolution 17-02, approving a PEG Grant to High Five Access Media in the amount of $18,000. The Town of Avon entered into a six-year agreement with Comcast during the summer of 2016. Town staff negotiated a new section to the Franchise Agreement whereby Comcast will advance $18,000 for immediate capital improvements and shall retain 70% of PEG Fees until the Initial Capital Contribution is reimbursed. The Town has received the $18,000 Initial Capital Contribution from Comcast and Comcast has already begun retaining 70% of the PEG Fees collected from subscribers until the Initial Capital Contribution is fully recovered. Comcast is providing the Town the remaining 30% of the PEG Fees collected during the recovery period. Comcast has estimated that the recovery period will be 33 to 34 months. Comcast will provide notice to the Town when the Initial Capital Contribution is fully recovered, and at that time, Comcast will resume providing the Town the full amount of the PEG Fees collected.

 All Town Council meetings can be streamed live or viewed online in the days following the meeting at www.highfivemedia.com/watch. The Town Council’s next meeting is April 25th at 5:00 p.m. Agendas and packet materials can be found at www.avon.org. For more information on the April 11th meeting or future meetings, please contact Preston Neill, Executive Assistant to the Town Manager at 970-748-4404 or pneill@avon.org.

Facebook Twitter Google Plus Email

Other News in Home

Town Hall Sign No Snow

Town of Avon Offices Closed Monday

Posted on: August 31, 2017
Document

Free Music & Dance - It's Avon!

Posted on: July 27, 2017
AVON_Logo 3 Colors

TOWN OF AVON SPECIAL EVENTS ADVISORY

Posted on: June 20, 2017

Avon Town Offices Closed Presidents’ Day

Posted on: February 16, 2017

Swift Gulch Road is Now Open

Posted on: February 15, 2017

Sinkhole Opens on Swift Gulch Road

Posted on: February 13, 2017
DSC_0234.JPG

For the Love of Swimming

Posted on: February 10, 2017
DSC_0118.JPG

Avon Launches Enhanced Transit Services

Posted on: January 13, 2017
snowplow3.jpg

Don’t Crowd the Plow!

Posted on: January 11, 2017
Buck Creek Connector

Buck Creek Connector Complete

Posted on: November 1, 2016