Silver Sneakers Program
The Avon Recreation Center is working with Humana Health Company to offer this incredible program specifically for seniors. The program will include free admission and use of the entire Avon Recreation Center upon verification of eligibility. Please call (970) 748-4060 for additional information.
This class creates a plan for wellness and prevention for active older adults. Participants will be provided with challenges to improve upon their strength, flexibility and balance.
- Days:On-going class every Tuesday
- Time:10:00 to 11:00 a.m.
- Fee:Daily rate plus $3 drop-in or group fitness rider
- Location:Group fitness studio
Deep Water Aquatone
Water exercise that tones, firms, increases flexibility and strength, and gives your cardiovascular system the workout it needs...and it's fun! A workout in the water is one of the safest and best ways to condition your body and provide a way to keep slim and fit. It takes the stress off joints and the muscular-skeletal system and works the heart and lungs.
- This is an on-going class throughout the year
- Days: Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Time: 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Join us for an Eagle County Senior Services sponsored aquatics program at the Avon Recreation Center. This low-impact class will take place in a shallow lap lane and will utilize exercises that help participants use their full range of motion, combat arthritis and stretch and strengthen the body..
- This class is offered every Tuesday
- Class fee is $2.00 per person
- Class time is 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Tai Chi introduces practitioners to the Chinese martial art that uses slow rhythmic, balance and strength building movements to enhance overall health.
Time and attention are given as the moves are taught at an individualized pace.
- Days: Tuesdays & Thursdays
- 7:55 - 8:55 am Tai Chi for Seniors
- Days: Mondays & Wednesdays
- 5:15 - 6:15 pm Tai Chi for Beginners
- 6:35 - 7:35 pm Intermediate Tai Chi