Following is a list of common exemption types with require an application to be competed as well as the additional information listed. For all full exemptions provide the deed and information necessary to demonstrate that the requested exemption applies to the transfer.
(1) Governmental Entity - provide deed, or draft deed, evidencing that either the Buyer or Seller is a local, state or federal governmental entity.
(2) Gift/Charity - provide deed or affirmation stating that there is no other consideration other than love, affection or charity for the transfer.
(3) Termination of Joint Tenancy – provide deed evidencing the termination of a joint tenancy.
(4) Death, Will & Decree of Dissolution – provide a copy of the death certificate, will, and/or relevant court decrees in addition to the deed.
(5) Capital Investment or Business Reorganization – provide copies of business entity documents sufficient to demonstrate that the underlying percentage ownership interest of the Buyer in the property has not changed as a result of the transfer.
(10) Lease Less than 25 years – provide a copy of the lease with a term less than 25 years. NOTE: as defined in Chapter 3.12 of the Avon Municipal Code, the term of the lease includes the initial term plus all extensions stated in the lease.
Please refer to the Avon Municipal Code 3.23.020 for a full list of exemptions.