Free Spaces to Explore
The Town of Avon has free public parking supported by free bus service, which provide residents and guests with access to Avon's vibrant retail and restaurant commercial core, Recreation Center, Library, Nottingham Park and Beaver Creek Resort. In Avon, you can park once and walk, bike or ride the bus to your destination.
Welcome to Avon, Colorado!
Face Coverings Required to Ride Avon Transit
Avon Transit continues to provide vital transit service during Colorado’s COVID-19 Stay-At-Home order. For public health and safety, all passengers must comply with the below guidelines:
- Wear a face cover while on the bus to reduce the spread of COVID-19
- Board the bus from the back door only to reduce driver exposure
- Practice social distancing by sitting as far as possible from other passenger groups
Drivers may limit the number of passengers on board to comply with social distancing guidelines. For more information visit, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for guidelines and How to make a face covering at home. Please contact the Avon Mobility Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (970) 748-4120 if you have any questions.
Around Town Walk Times
- City Market to Nottingham Park | 10 minutes
- Post Office to Westin Riverfront Hotel | 6 minutes
- Westin Riverfront Hotel to Avon Station | 1 minute
- Nottingham Park to Westin Riverfront Hotel | 4 minutes
- Avon Recreation Center to Avon Station | 4 minutes
As a bike-accessible community, the Town of Avon encourages locals and visitors to take advantage of a network of multi-use paths and sidewalks, including the pedestrian-only Main Street Mall and Lettuce Shed Lane. Additionally, the Town offers paved recreational paths around Nottingham Park, along the Eagle River, and throughout Town. There are also dirt single tracks on the northwest side of Town in the West Avon Preserve.
Around Town Bike Times
- Nottingham Park to Westin Riverfront Hotel | 2 minutes
- City Market to Nottingham Park | 5 minutes
- Avon Station to Nottingham Park | 2 minutes
- Nottingham Park to City Market | 5 minutes
- Avon Post Office to Westin Riverfront Hotel | 2 minutes
Avon Transit Reducing Service in Response to Demand
Beginning Sunday, May 10, 2020, Avon Transit will reduce service and operate the Night Rider route from 6:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. daily.
Click here for the Reduced Transit Schedule
Click here for the Reduced Transit Guide
Click here for the Avon Mobility Map
Avon Transit is designed to make your visit to Avon, whether for work or recreation, an enjoyable and convenient experience. Our public transit system provides fare-free bus and gondola service. Bus and gondola operations are paid for by the town's general revenue fund.
Avon East--Red Line
The Avon East--Red Line runs every 30-minutes between 6:30 a.m. and 5:51 p.m. The route services the residential areas in east Avon along Hurd Lane and Hwy 6, including Traer Creek Plaza and Buffalo Ridge Housing Complex.
Avon West--Blue Line The Avon West--Blue Line runs every 30-minutes between 6:28 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. The route services the residential areas in west Avon along West Beaver Creek Boulevard and Hwy 6, including the Town Core businesses and Traer Creek Plaza.
Avon Loop--Night RiderThe Avon Loop--Night Rider Shuttle runs from 6:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m., providing service within the Town core to locals and guests on a 30-minute loop.
Avon has free spaces for you to explore, including free parking! Locals and visitors can discover Avon’s restaurants, recreation facilities, parks, library, retail stores, ice skating, Eagle River access with more than 200 FREE parking spaces. These spaces provide access to free buses and the free Riverfront Express Gondola, which connects Avon to Beaver Creek Resort during the winter season.
Parking is dispersed throughout the town center with a variety of on-street, parking lot and parking structure spaces available. All parking is free with no overnight parking from 12 a.m. to 6 a.m. Look out for Avon’s parking signs with easy to read blue circles and “P” designation. For a map of Town of Avon free parking, visit www.avon.org/parking.
Free Parking Around Town
All Day Parking
- Lake Street On-Street Parking | 41 spaces
- Town Hall East Parking Lot | 26 spaces
- East Benchmark Road On-Street Parking | 21 spaces
- Avon Recreation Center | 93 spaces
- West Beaver Creek Blvd On-Street Parking | 20 spaces